1. Wine: Using chemical analysis determine the origin of wines
2. Connectionist Bench (Sonar, Mines vs. Rocks): The task is to train a network to discriminate between sonar signals bounced off a metal cylinder and those bounced off a roughly cylindrical rock.
3. Glass Identification: From USA Forensic Science Service; 6 types of glass; defined in terms of their oxide content (i.e. Na, Fe, K, etc)
4. Yacht Hydrodynamics: Delft data set, used to predict the hydodynamic performance of sailing yachts from dimensions and velocity.
5. Ionosphere: Classification of radar returns from the ionosphere
6. Musk (Version 1): The goal is to learn to predict whether new molecules will be musks or non-musks
7. Forest Fires: This is a difficult regression task, where the aim is to predict the burned area of forest fires, in the northeast region of Portugal, by using meteorological and other data (see details at: http://www.dsi.uminho.pt/~pcortez/forestfires).
8. Water Treatment Plant: Multiple classes predict plant state
9. Climate Model Simulation Crashes: Given Latin hypercube samples of 18 climate model input parameter values, predict climate model simulation crashes and determine the parameter value combinations that cause the failures.