1. Weight Lifting Exercises monitored with Inertial Measurement Units: Six young health subjects were asked to perform 5 variations of the biceps curl weight lifting exercise. One of the variations is the one predicted by the health professional.
2. SUSY: This is a classification problem to distinguish between a signal process which produces supersymmetric particles and a background process which does not.
3. HIGGS: This is a classification problem to distinguish between a signal process which produces Higgs bosons and a background process which does not.
4. Glass Identification: From USA Forensic Science Service; 6 types of glass; defined in terms of their oxide content (i.e. Na, Fe, K, etc)
5. Ionosphere: Classification of radar returns from the ionosphere
6. Musk (Version 1): The goal is to learn to predict whether new molecules will be musks or non-musks
7. Musk (Version 2): The goal is to learn to predict whether new molecules will be musks or non-musks
8. Waveform Database Generator (Version 1): CART book's waveform domains
9. Waveform Database Generator (Version 2): CART book's waveform domains
10. Wine: Using chemical analysis determine the origin of wines
11. Statlog (Landsat Satellite): Multi-spectral values of pixels in 3x3 neighbourhoods in a satellite image, and the classification associated with the central pixel in each neighbourhood
12. Statlog (Shuttle): The shuttle dataset contains 9 attributes all of which are numerical. Approximately 80% of the data belongs to class 1
13. Connectionist Bench (Sonar, Mines vs. Rocks): The task is to train a network to discriminate between sonar signals bounced off a metal cylinder and those bounced off a roughly cylindrical rock.
14. MAGIC Gamma Telescope: Data are MC generated to simulate registration of high energy gamma particles in an atmospheric Cherenkov telescope
15. Ozone Level Detection: Two ground ozone level data sets are included in this collection. One is the eight hour peak set (eighthr.data), the other is the one hour peak set (onehr.data). Those data were collected from 1998 to 2004 at the Houston, Galveston and Brazoria area.
16. MiniBooNE particle identification: This dataset is taken from the MiniBooNE experiment and is used to distinguish electron neutrinos (signal) from muon neutrinos (background).
17. EMG Physical Action Data Set: The Physical Action Data Set includes 10 normal and 10 aggressive physical actions that measure the human activity. The data have been collected by 4 subjects using the Delsys EMG wireless apparatus.
18. Vicon Physical Action Data Set: The Physical Action Data Set includes 10 normal and 10 aggressive physical actions that measure the human activity. The data have been collected by 10 subjects using the Vicon 3D tracker.
19. Climate Model Simulation Crashes: Given Latin hypercube samples of 18 climate model input parameter values, predict climate model simulation crashes and determine the parameter value combinations that cause the failures.