1. Yacht Hydrodynamics: Delft data set, used to predict the hydodynamic performance of sailing yachts from dimensions and velocity.
2. Wine: Using chemical analysis determine the origin of wines
3. Weight Lifting Exercises monitored with Inertial Measurement Units: Six young health subjects were asked to perform 5 variations of the biceps curl weight lifting exercise. One of the variations is the one predicted by the health professional.
4. Waveform Database Generator (Version 2): CART book's waveform domains
5. Waveform Database Generator (Version 1): CART book's waveform domains
6. Water Treatment Plant: Multiple classes predict plant state
7. Volcanoes on Venus - JARtool experiment: The JARtool project was a pioneering effort to develop an automatic system for cataloging small volcanoes in the large set of Venus images returned by the Magellan spacecraft.
8. Vicon Physical Action Data Set: The Physical Action Data Set includes 10 normal and 10 aggressive physical actions that measure the human activity. The data have been collected by 10 subjects using the Vicon 3D tracker.
9. Urban Land Cover: Classification of urban land cover using high resolution aerial imagery. Intended to assist sustainable urban planning efforts.
10. SUSY: This is a classification problem to distinguish between a signal process which produces supersymmetric particles and a background process which does not.
11. Superconductivty Data: Two file s contain data on 21263 superconductors and their relevant features.
12. Steel Plates Faults: A dataset of steel plates’ faults, classified into 7 different types.
The goal was to train machine learning for automatic pattern recognition.
13. Statlog (Shuttle): The shuttle dataset contains 9 attributes all of which are numerical. Approximately 80% of the data belongs to class 1
14. Statlog (Landsat Satellite): Multi-spectral values of pixels in 3x3 neighbourhoods in a satellite image, and the classification associated with the central pixel in each neighbourhood
15. Solar Flare: Each class attribute counts the number of solar flares of a certain class that occur in a 24 hour period
16. Shuttle Landing Control: Tiny database; all nominal values
17. Robot Execution Failures: This dataset contains force and torque measurements on a robot after failure detection. Each failure is characterized by 15 force/torque samples collected at regular time intervals
18. Qualitative Structure Activity Relationships: Two sets of datasets are given: pyrimidines and triazines
19. QSAR fish toxicity: Data set containing values for 6 attributes (molecular descriptors) of 908 chemicals used to predict quantitative acute aquatic toxicity towards the fish Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow).
20. QSAR aquatic toxicity: Data set containing values for 8 attributes (molecular descriptors) of 546 chemicals used to predict quantitative acute aquatic toxicity towards Daphnia Magna..
21. PM2.5 Data of Five Chinese Cities: This hourly data set contains the PM2.5 data in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Shenyang. Meanwhile, meteorological data for each city are also included.
22. Ozone Level Detection: Two ground ozone level data sets are included in this collection. One is the eight hour peak set (eighthr.data), the other is the one hour peak set (onehr.data). Those data were collected from 1998 to 2004 at the Houston, Galveston and Brazoria area.
23. Musk (Version 2): The goal is to learn to predict whether new molecules will be musks or non-musks
24. Musk (Version 1): The goal is to learn to predict whether new molecules will be musks or non-musks
25. MiniBooNE particle identification: This dataset is taken from the MiniBooNE experiment and is used to distinguish electron neutrinos (signal) from muon neutrinos (background).
26. MAGIC Gamma Telescope: Data are MC generated to simulate registration of high energy gamma particles in an atmospheric Cherenkov telescope
27. Low Resolution Spectrometer: From IRAS data -- NASA Ames Research Center
28. Ionosphere: Classification of radar returns from the ionosphere
29. Individual household electric power consumption: Measurements of electric power consumption in one household with a one-minute sampling rate over a period of almost 4 years. Different electrical quantities and some sub-metering values are available.
30. HTRU2: Pulsar candidates collected during the HTRU survey. Pulsars are a type of star, of considerable scientific interest. Candidates must be classified in to pulsar and non-pulsar classes to aid discovery.
31. HIGGS: This is a classification problem to distinguish between a signal process which produces Higgs bosons and a background process which does not.
32. HEPMASS: The search for exotic particles requires sorting through a large number of collisions to find the events of interest. This data set challenges one to detect a new particle of unknown mass.
33. Greenhouse Gas Observing Network: Design an observing network to monitor emissions of a greenhouse gas (GHG) in California given time series of synthetic observations and tracers from weather model simulations.
34. Glass Identification: From USA Forensic Science Service; 6 types of glass; defined in terms of their oxide content (i.e. Na, Fe, K, etc)
35. Function Finding: Cases collected mostly from investigations in physical science; intention is to evaluate function-finding algorithms
36. Forest Fires: This is a difficult regression task, where the aim is to predict the burned area of forest fires, in the northeast region of Portugal, by using meteorological and other data (see details at: http://www.dsi.uminho.pt/~pcortez/forestfires).
37. EMG Physical Action Data Set: The Physical Action Data Set includes 10 normal and 10 aggressive physical actions that measure the human activity. The data have been collected by 4 subjects using the Delsys EMG wireless apparatus.
38. Electrical Grid Stability Simulated Data : The local stability analysis of the 4-node star system (electricity producer is in the center) implementing Decentral Smart Grid Control concept.
39. El Nino: The data set contains oceanographic and surface meteorological readings taken from a series of buoys positioned throughout the equatorial Pacific.
40. Cylinder Bands: Used in decision tree induction for mitigating process delays known as "cylinder bands" in rotogravure printing
41. Crowdsourced Mapping: Crowdsourced data from OpenStreetMap is used to automate the classification of satellite images into different land cover classes (impervious, farm, forest, grass, orchard, water).
42. Connectionist Bench (Sonar, Mines vs. Rocks): The task is to train a network to discriminate between sonar signals bounced off a metal cylinder and those bounced off a roughly cylindrical rock.
43. Concrete Compressive Strength: Concrete is the most important material in civil engineering. The concrete compressive strength is a highly nonlinear function of age and ingredients.
44. Coil 1999 Competition Data: This data set is from the 1999 Computational Intelligence and Learning (COIL) competition. The data contains measurements of river chemical concentrations and algae densities.
45. Cloud: Little Documentation
46. Climate Model Simulation Crashes: Given Latin hypercube samples of 18 climate model input parameter values, predict climate model simulation crashes and determine the parameter value combinations that cause the failures.
47. Challenger USA Space Shuttle O-Ring: Task: predict the number of O-rings that experience thermal distress on a flight at 31 degrees F given data on the previous 23 shuttle flights
48. Beijing PM2.5 Data: This hourly data set contains the PM2.5 data of US Embassy in Beijing. Meanwhile, meteorological data from Beijing Capital International Airport are also included.
49. Beijing Multi-Site Air-Quality Data: This hourly data set considers 6 main air pollutants and 6 relevant meteorological variables at multiple sites in Beijing.
50. Annealing: Steel annealing data
51. Amazon Commerce reviews set: The dataset is used for authorship identification in online Writeprint which is a new research field of pattern recognition.
52. Airfoil Self-Noise: NASA data set, obtained from a series of aerodynamic and acoustic tests of two and three-dimensional airfoil blade sections conducted in an anechoic wind tunnel.