1. Incident management process enriched event log: This event log was extracted from data gathered from the audit system of an instance of the ServiceNow platform used by an IT company and enriched with data loaded from a relational database.
2. Facebook metrics: Facebook performance metrics of a renowned cosmetic's brand Facebook page.
3. Stock portfolio performance: The data set of performances of weighted scoring stock portfolios are obtained with mixture design from the US stock market historical database.
4. Daily Demand Forecasting Orders: The dataset was collected during 60 days, this is a real database of a brazilian logistics company.
5. Facebook Live Sellers in Thailand: Facebook pages of 10 Thai fashion and cosmetics retail sellers. Posts of a different nature (video, photos, statuses, and links). Engagement metrics consist of comments, shares, and reactions.
6. South German Credit: 700 good and 300 bad credits with 20 predictor variables. Data from 1973 to 1975. Stratified sample from actual credits with bad credits heavily oversampled. A cost matrix can be used.
7. clickstream data for online shopping: The dataset contains information on clickstream from online store offering clothing for pregnant women.
8. South German Credit (UPDATE): 700 good and 300 bad credits with 20 predictor variables. Data from 1973 to 1975. Stratified sample from actual credits with bad credits heavily oversampled. A cost matrix can be used.
9. Iranian Churn Dataset: This dataset is randomly collected from an Iranian telecom company’s database over a period of 12 months.
10. Online News Popularity: This dataset summarizes a heterogeneous set of features about articles published by Mashable in a period of two years. The goal is to predict the number of shares in social networks (popularity).
11. Iranian Churn Dataset: This dataset is randomly collected from an Iranian telecom company’s database over a period of 12 months.
12. Productivity Prediction of Garment Employees: This dataset includes important attributes of the garment manufacturing process and the productivity of the employees which had been collected manually and also been validated by the industry experts.
13. Cargo 2000 Freight Tracking and Tracing: Sanitized and anonymized Cargo 2000 (C2K) airfreight tracking and tracing events, covering five months of business execution (3,942 process instances, 7,932 transport legs, 56,082 activities).
14. Las Vegas Strip: This dataset includes quantitative and categorical features from online reviews from 21 hotels located in Las Vegas Strip, extracted from TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com).
15. Wine Quality: Two datasets are included, related to red and white vinho verde wine samples, from the north of Portugal. The goal is to model wine quality based on physicochemical tests (see [Cortez et al., 2009], http://www3.dsi.uminho.pt/pcortez/wine/).
16. Dow Jones Index: This dataset contains weekly data for the Dow Jones Industrial Index. It has been used in computational investing research.
17. Absenteeism at work: The database was created with records of absenteeism at work from July 2007 to July 2010 at a courier company in Brazil.
18. Online Shoppers Purchasing Intention Dataset: Of the 12,330 sessions in the dataset,
84.5% (10,422) were negative class samples that did not
end with shopping, and the rest (1908) were positive class
samples ending with shopping.
19. Taiwanese Bankruptcy Prediction: The data were collected from the Taiwan Economic Journal for the years 1999 to 2009. Company bankruptcy was defined based on the business regulations of the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
20. default of credit card clients: This research aimed at the case of customers’ default payments in Taiwan and compares the predictive accuracy of probability of default among six data mining methods.
21. Polish companies bankruptcy data: The dataset is about bankruptcy prediction of Polish companies.The bankrupt companies were analyzed in the period 2000-2012, while the still operating companies were evaluated from 2007 to 2013.
22. Bank Marketing: The data is related with direct marketing campaigns (phone calls) of a Portuguese banking institution. The classification goal is to predict if the client will subscribe a term deposit (variable y).