1. Chemical Composition of Ceramic Samples: Classify ceramic samples based on their chemical composition from energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence
2. Wine: Using chemical analysis determine the origin of wines
3. Connectionist Bench (Sonar, Mines vs. Rocks): The task is to train a network to discriminate between sonar signals bounced off a metal cylinder and those bounced off a roughly cylindrical rock.
4. Glass Identification: From USA Forensic Science Service; 6 types of glass; defined in terms of their oxide content (i.e. Na, Fe, K, etc)
5. Ionosphere: Classification of radar returns from the ionosphere
6. Robot Execution Failures: This dataset contains force and torque measurements on a robot after failure detection. Each failure is characterized by 15 force/torque samples collected at regular time intervals
7. Forest Fires: This is a difficult regression task, where the aim is to predict the burned area of forest fires, in the northeast region of Portugal, by using meteorological and other data (see details at: http://www.dsi.uminho.pt/~pcortez/forestfires).
8. Water Treatment Plant: Multiple classes predict plant state
9. Climate Model Simulation Crashes: Given Latin hypercube samples of 18 climate model input parameter values, predict climate model simulation crashes and determine the parameter value combinations that cause the failures.
10. Cloud: Little Documentation
11. Steel Plates Faults: A dataset of steel plates’ faults, classified into 7 different types.
The goal was to train machine learning for automatic pattern recognition.
12. Ozone Level Detection: Two ground ozone level data sets are included in this collection. One is the eight hour peak set (eighthr.data), the other is the one hour peak set (onehr.data). Those data were collected from 1998 to 2004 at the Houston, Galveston and Brazoria area.
13. Vicon Physical Action Data Set: The Physical Action Data Set includes 10 normal and 10 aggressive physical actions that measure the human activity. The data have been collected by 10 subjects using the Vicon 3D tracker.
14. Waveform Database Generator (Version 1): CART book's waveform domains
15. Waveform Database Generator (Version 2): CART book's waveform domains
16. Statlog (Landsat Satellite): Multi-spectral values of pixels in 3x3 neighbourhoods in a satellite image, and the classification associated with the central pixel in each neighbourhood
17. Bias correction of numerical prediction model temperature forecast: It contains fourteen numerical weather prediction (NWP)'s meteorological forecast data, two in-situ observations, and five geographical auxiliary variables over Seoul, South Korea in the summer.
18. Electrical Grid Stability Simulated Data : The local stability analysis of the 4-node star system (electricity producer is in the center) implementing Decentral Smart Grid Control concept.
19. MAGIC Gamma Telescope: Data are MC generated to simulate registration of high energy gamma particles in an atmospheric Cherenkov telescope
20. Superconductivty Data: Two file s contain data on 21263 superconductors and their relevant features.
21. Beijing PM2.5 Data: This hourly data set contains the PM2.5 data of US Embassy in Beijing. Meanwhile, meteorological data from Beijing Capital International Airport are also included.
22. PM2.5 Data of Five Chinese Cities: This hourly data set contains the PM2.5 data in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Shenyang. Meanwhile, meteorological data for each city are also included.
23. MiniBooNE particle identification: This dataset is taken from the MiniBooNE experiment and is used to distinguish electron neutrinos (signal) from muon neutrinos (background).
24. El Nino: The data set contains oceanographic and surface meteorological readings taken from a series of buoys positioned throughout the equatorial Pacific.
25. Beijing Multi-Site Air-Quality Data: This hourly data set considers 6 main air pollutants and 6 relevant meteorological variables at multiple sites in Beijing.
26. SUSY: This is a classification problem to distinguish between a signal process which produces supersymmetric particles and a background process which does not.
27. HEPMASS: The search for exotic particles requires sorting through a large number of collisions to find the events of interest. This data set challenges one to detect a new particle of unknown mass.
28. HIGGS: This is a classification problem to distinguish between a signal process which produces Higgs bosons and a background process which does not.